Tinicum Township Fire Company is accepting applications for the position of career Firefighter / EMT
GENERAL PURPOSE: Protect life and property by performing firefighting, Emergency Medical Services, Hazardous Materials, and Fire Prevention duties. Perform maintenance of fire equipment, apparatus, and facilities as outlined by the Supervisor and/or Executive Board of the Fire Company.
Required Minimal Qualifications
- 21 years of age upon completion of application
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 years of combined firefighting and EMS experience
- No Criminal Record
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record over the last 3yrs
- Firefighter I ( Pro-Board/IFSAC)
- Current EMT-B certification or higher with CPR/AED for health care providers
- Emergency Vehicle Operation Course (EVOC)
- Haz-Mat Operations with annual update
- Basic Vehicle Rescue Technician (VRT)
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) 100,200,700 and 800
For applications please use our website and visit the “Downloads” or you may pick up an application at Station 48. Applications may be placed in the mail box in front of Sta.48 or may be hand delivered to any Career Staff Member only. Application deadline is February 16, 2017 at 1400 hours. No phone calls please.